Thursday, October 18, 2012

summer zoo trip!

So, this summer we went to the zoo in Omaha.  It is amah-zing.  I loved it all.  The aquarium and butterfly house were my favorite.
We stayed at a lake house outside of the city.  It was peaceful and quiet.  Here is the view from the deck. 


This Macaw was so beautiful.  He/She was in the open air and I could have pet it...but I didn't Omaha Zoo officials.

Did I mention the butterfly house?



Or the aquarium?  One of my favorite animals is the Puffin.

I had never seen one until this fine day!! The puffins were so playful and adorable.  I didn't get a very good shot of them, because someone wanted to be held...which is fine with his momma.


One thing that is so depressing about zoos is the animal cages.  I loved that all of these birds had this huge area to live.  They were nesting and carrying on as if they weren't captives. 
 (to the best of my knowledge)


Just want to give a shout out to Sarah...what a good friend!!


The moral of this post is, "Go the the Omaha Zoo"

No comments:

Post a Comment