Monday, October 22, 2012

Operation Christmas Child is my favorite charity.  Even before I had kids, I was a box filler.  After I had kids my heart opened up to all children in a different way.  All kids need love and Operation Christmas Child gives them a tiny bit of that.
Parents of these children need love as well.  The thought of not being able to give my kids something for Christmas makes me so sad.  I not only want to fill boxes for the sweet kids who open them, but also for their moms and dads of these kids who get to see their kid smile!

This morning my MOPS (Mothers of Pre-Schoolers) group filled boxes for this charity.  I thought I would share the process with you just in case you felt like participating!

First step:
Get a Box- any shoe box will work


Decide if you want to fill it for a boy or girl and what age.  Then fill it with goodies! (there is more information on what to put into the boxes on the website)


Take it to a drop off location with $7 for shipping-

Here is the link if you want/need more information
http://www.samaritanspurse.org/index.php/OCC/

Merry Christmas to All and to All a Good Night!


No comments:

Post a Comment