Wednesday, September 1, 2010

homemade sanitizing wipes!

I made sanitizing wipes.  Those wipes have been a staple in my car and purse since I got back from Europe with a nasty cold.  (I still get nasty colds, so I don't know why I use them.  Peace of mind, I guess-or I am a germaphobe) It occurred to me that the chemicals in the wipes might not be the best thing for my kids, so I looked into making them.  first! Mix equal parts rubbing alcohol and baby lotion ( i used about 1/2 cup) in a airtight container.
Shake your container until mixture is mixed.  Cut a roll of paper towels in half (I read that Bounty is the way to go)   









Then place half of the paper towel roll in the solution.  Let it soak until it is all wet (could take a while). 
Remove the cardboard center and pull the wipes out from the center!  You did it.

2 comments:

  1. of course you made your own wipes! you always have those wipes. and it doesn't seem too hard. i think i have all those things on hand- i might give them a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way, that is just too cool. I make my own cleaner with vinegar, water, and essential oils.

    ReplyDelete