Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Homemade deodorant

I have been wanting to make deodorant for a long time.  I have no idea why I waited.  It is super easy.
I took a recipe from ohderdrea.com and a recipe from a book I am reading called Little House in the Suburbs and concocted some deodorant!!

This what I did:  

Ingredients-
I mixed two Tablespoons of baking powder and two Tablespoons of cornstarch (you can also use arrowroot)
Then I added two Tablespoons of coconut oil and 10 drops of lavender oil (you can use any essential oil you feel like)  and stirred until it was a paste.  Mine was soupy so I added another Tablespoon of cornstarch.  This what it looked like-


Then I crammed it into an old deodorant tube.  I am gonna keep mine in the fridge to keep it nice and hard.  If it is warm out the coconut oil will melt and make it softer.  I am gonna have to let you know how it works!  Is that too much info?  

Enjoy the dog days!




3 comments:

  1. Yeah, a post! You have to let us know how it works! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did this work out? I make my own cleaning supplies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I works great! It feels a little different to wear, but I like it way better than anything I have used!!

      Delete