Wednesday, September 28, 2011

thrift store art.

I love to create.  I specifically love to paint...as in canvas.  The past five years have been dry as far as artistic creativity goes.  (They have been sopping wet as far as creative parenting goes.)  So, I have been finding ways to incorporate my artistic/crafty needs into my life.  One of those ways is finding already made art and remaking it to fit my taste. I found all of these at Savers...a great thrift store.

The first example is a diptych of monkeyroo art.  I am kicking myself for not taking before pictures of these paintings.  Anyway here they are!

Monkeyroo holding up a tree
Monkeyroo flying a kite



 The second example is just some frames that I spray painted and added really cool letterpress postcards from Potterybarn.

peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment