Saturday, December 11, 2010

cool......not.

I got a new car this week.  The Mazda MPV minivan came into our lives after many years of avoidance.  My 4-Runner has 230,000 miles and is starting to seem small.  The only thing that was holding me back for two years was the coolness factor.  I loved that 4-runner with its horrible control and inability to accelerate.  It made me happy to drive that cute beast...especially in the snow.  It also seems cool to me (whether it is or not is irrelevant). 
My "being cool" has been in jeopardy since I found out that I was pregnant.  First with the huge belly and maternity clothes.  Then forgetting that other people do things after dark.  I also know more about Babies-r-Us than Nordstrom.  I am a mom, hence the minivan.  Being a mom is something that I love and wouldn't trade for the world, but it is still hard to loose my cool.  My 4-Runner is one of the last threads that holds me to my pre-mommy/cool days.  I will miss you former self's car.  We had some good times.  

2 comments:

  1. WOW!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my friend, congratulations!!!!!! We really need to talk sometime....

    And I am sorry about the 4-runner. I remember when you got it. Gone are the days where we could do things at the spur of the moment or have games of speed Scrabble and not worry about being loud after 8 pm. By the time that we can do these things again, we will be too tired to do them! Oh the irony...

    ReplyDelete
  2. MINIVAN!!!! you will love it. can't wait to see you driving it! i remember freaking out a little when i saw clark in the rear view mirror driving the minivan for the first time. but its just so great with kids! you'll be just as good of a snow driver, i'm sure!

    ReplyDelete